What they are saying.
* December 2006- featured in Showcase magazine for my fiberglass installations in vehicles.
* January 2007- Installation featured in Car Audio & Electronics Magazine.
* March 2007- Car audio install featured in the Mobile Solutions 2007 catalog. This company sells installation accessories to car audio installers all around the world.
* July 2008- One of my installations was featured on the front cover a JL Audio's Newsletter, which is sent around the country. The VP of the company quoted that it was "one of the best looking installations he has seen in a long time!" -Manville Smith
* August 2008- One of 19 in the world invited to Rockford Fosgate's Top Gun Training in Phoenix, Arizona. Others were from Thailand, china, South Africa, as well some from the USA. I was the youngest invited.
*August 2008- I was asked to donate my first sculpture/School project to the VCU AFO department as an example to show other students.
* August 2008- 2-page feature in Car Audio & Electronics Magazine. They commissioned me to write a How-to article with pictures on one of my installations. This showed a step-by step process.
* November 2008- iPhone pedestal sculpture hits the internet, featured on hundreds of Websites. Maclife.com Gizmodo.com- received 8,000 views in less that 24 hours.
* November 2008- iPhone pedestal sculpture invited to a New York City art exhibition.
* November 2008- Featured in the Danville Register and Bee, Sunday Paper. Full-page article on iPhone Pedestal Sculpture.
* November 2008- Commissioned by the Apple Store of the Short Pump Town-center to create a sculpture for a special Customer.
* November 2008- Sculpture commissioned by the Apple Store is featured on the web.
* January 2009- Featured in Mac Life Magazine for a sculpture. "iPhone Pedestal"
* February 2009 - 2 sculptures accepted into the VCU Art Foundation show. Very few were selected among the entire AFO student body.
* March 2009- Commissioned to create a sculpture for a company in England. Proporta , which make accessories for many small devices such as iPods,iPhones,and other MP3 players.
* March 2009- Motorized Nano Chromatic Sculpture hits the web, and is featured on many websites.
* May 2009- Macbook Sculpture hits the web, creating a huge controversy over whether or not it was the new apple computer, due to the detail. Featured on thousands of Websites, one received 130,000 hits in less than 48 hours. The site had a link to my website, which was shut down due to the high volume of traffic.
* June 2009 - Featured in Mac Life Magazine for another Apple-inspired sculpture. " iPhone Featured"
* June 2009 - Awarded for two car audio installations, at DUB magazine Custom auto show. Best In Show BMW, Best in Show Exotic.
* August 2009 - Cover story of Showcase Magazine. 5-page feature article.
* August 2009 - Notified and asked for permission to a World-wide magazine to feature a recent Car Audio installation. Performance Auto & Sound Magazine.
* October 2009 - Motor Music Mag features the Car Audio Installation of the Lincoln Ls.
* January 2010 - Featured on the cover of Showcase Magazine, Voted "Best Artist" in the region by Showcase Magazine's Rave Awards.
* January 2010 - Featured install on the cover of Select Products 2010 catalog. A 8.5" x 11" image of the BMW 325i's custom console is printed on the cover, as well as a quote from myself inside as a loyal customer. The Suburban installation was also featured inside the catalog as well.
*February 2010 - Widely known Performance Auto & Sound Magazine hits the stores, with a 4-page feature article on the Car Audio Installation done on the Suburban.
* June 2010- Furniture designs published in Register & Bee newspaper (85,000 readers).
*September 2010- Contemporist.com features article on Lounge chair design.
*September 2010- Press request from LUHHO Magazine, regarding interest in furniture and iTower design. Article on iTower iPhone speaker dock design will be published in November issue.
Luhho’s Office:Santa Isabel 379, Miraflores. Lima 18 - Peru.
*September 2010- Press request from Russian magazine, “HI HOME”. Lounge chair will be featured in a future issue.
*September 2010- Press request on publishing my furniture in Superyacht Business |
Finalist – PPA Business Magazine of the Year 2010
Magazine published in United Kingdom
*September 2010- Press request for furniture designs. Furniture publish in next issue of “TOYS FOR BOYS catalogue, printed by AST
Publishing group, Russian leading publishers. 40,000 copies will be delivered throughout Russia.
*September 2010- Press request for lounge chair design from Architectural Digest Russia, a Conde Nast publication.
*September 2010- press request from Fashion and Style. Polish fashion portal
Their mission and aim is to create a unique website that will present the latest collections of the most known designers and other luxurious products such as jewelry, cosmetics, electronics, furniture or cars. They concentrate our workings on making a portal that is about to be available not only on Polish but also on Russian market.
"Surprising, inspiring, modern, that’s how we can describe the work of Kyle Buckner. To be honest we don’t need to use much words, his outstanding designs can speak for themselves."
Fashion & Style - Poland
"I had been looking for the perfect coffee table for two years. I found Kyle Buckner Designs on the Internet. I immediately loved his work, but was hesitant to order a piece of custom made furniture from someone I did not know. However, after speaking with Kyle on the phone, I decided to take the chance. He was enthusiastic and willing to work with me to ensure that I got what I wanted. The result was much than I expected. The coffee table that he created is a work of art. The design is beautiful and the workmanship is flawless.
"Kyle Buckner creates designs ahead of time. He takes original to a whole new modern level."
- Melita Issa/ Owner, KMI Designs
"Kyle Buckner is very creative, I am blown away by his endless creativity and quality workmanship."
Certified General Contractor
"Kyle is one of the hottest young furniture designers in the world and we're fortunate he's right here in Danville."
"Kyle Buckner, a young designer who just may be a reincarnation of the great Davinci. Greatness comes every few hundred years and we are about due".
Las Vegas, NV.
"At a young age, Kyle Buckner has emerged as an innovative and prolific designer. His ability to combine form and function in a unique way are unsurpassed."
-Nancy Gent - Nancy Gent Designs
"Kyle Buckner displays a vision and voice in design that is wholly unique. His use of line and space is of completely unconventional means, though in the end a total celebration in creation. Not only paving the way for the design of tomorrow, but asserting it. This coupled with unbridled quality and craftsmanship, makes Kyle Buckner an unstoppable force in the world of Creative Custom Design."
-Adam Krehbiel / Veraseri Designs
Introducing Kyle Buckner - one of the youngest CustomMade makers, this designer/furnituremaker/sound engineer extraordinaire is somewhat of a Renaissance man…
Custom made.com staff
The largest marketplace for custom makers.
We've seen enough iPhone docking stations to last a lifetime -- we've even seen our fair share of tables that take style cues from the smartphone -- but we have to admit, Kyle Buckner's iTable is in a league of its own.
-Chris Trout / editor-Engadget.com
Kyle Buckner is a Master Craftsman - wood and metal become putty in his hands. I have never seen the level of detail and skill that Kyle exhibits in his craft, he is truly and artist.
-Kris King/Apple store manager
“I have been a part of the furniture industry in one form or the other for the last 15 years. Kyle Buckner’s talent of furniture design is so refreshing to see. He has an eye for detail and design unlike any of his peers.”
– Rhonda Jackson
International Market Centers | High Point Furniture Market